Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cirque

This evening I got to meet up with some family and go to the cirque (circus) in Verdun! Before heading to the circus, some relatives took me to Cora (a supermarket) and I was able to finally find a small jar of beurre de cacahuètes (peanut butter)! Peanut butter is expensive in France, but it was so worth it!

The circus was actually held in a heated tent. Although many of my relatives mentioned that the performance was more spectacular last year, I found that it was an engaging circus. There were horses, ponies, camels, seals, ducks, llamas, ducks, and goats who did some cool tricks. One performer even juggled a chair with his feet! The ventriloquist act was definitely one of the funniest moments of the night: He not only used a puppet, but he also used three spectators like puppets during his act.

Not a bad ending to the first week of work!

Here is a picture of the circus tent:

No comments:

Post a Comment