Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ma chambre

As promised, here are some pictures of my chambre (bedroom), salle de bains (bathroom), and cuisine (kitchen) at the youth residence:


The residence is essentially like a dormitory. You get a closet/wardrobe, desk, chair, shelving unit, night stand, and bed (covers, linens, and pillow provided).


My only complaint about the bathroom (and many of my assistant friends have heard this) is that the shower only sprays about 15 seconds of water at a time for water conservation purposes. Therefore, in order to get a continuous spray while washing your hair, you have to keep one hand on the water button and use the other hand to rinse through your hair. Nonetheless, I am very lucky because although the bathroom is meant to be shared with two people, the room next to mine is apparently too small for someone to live in. So, as of right now, I have my own bathroom!



The kitchen is on the same floor and is meant to be shared between four residents. I am currently sharing it with two other English teaching assistants. We were very lucky because the previous residents left a microwave, plates, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, and other cookware for us. However, there is no oven, so we have to cook our food on the stove or with the microwave.

As for my progress with français, although my floor-mates and I agreed to only speak in French, we end up so tired by the end of the day that we constantly revert back to English. We need to find some native speakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment