Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Installation à Nancy

You know you will have an interesting time in France when a bird decides to welcome you to its city by suddenly landing on your table, eyeing your lunch. Another assistant who just arrived in Nancy and I had lunch together last Friday, when suddenly a bird out of nowhere comes flying to our table. The bird would not go away. After it finally flew to an empty table, the waiters began trying to feed the bird bread and water, all the while trying to snap pictures of them feeding the bird with an iPhone. I guess birds also like bruschetta.

I am finally getting to meet the other language assistants in France! For English in elementary schools, there are 5 American assistants, 5 assistants from the UK, and 1 Canadian assistant. There are also two primary school assistants for German. We began our formation (orientation) yesterday and will finish it on Friday. For me, the highlight so far of the the orientation has been watching a video of a former assistant teaching French children, "I taste the hamburger."

I am looking forward to visiting my school on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment