Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bonne année!

Bonne année! Happy New Year!

I had a lovely Christmas break with my family and friends. I had the opportunity to go ice-skating and to see two movies- Les Misérables and Argo. I highly recommend both movies, despite interesting experiences at the theater. During my first attempt at seeing Les Misérables, the fire alarm went off about twenty minutes into the film and we had to come back the next night since the theater was not going to restart the movie. Then when I went to see Argo at a different cinema, just as the finale sequence was about to start, the movie stopped (probably due to a technical malfunction) for ten minutes, and then resumed. What luck!

I am now back in France, and working with the first graders for the next two weeks. The most exciting part of this week was actually not with the first graders, but with the second graders. The substitute teacher for the second grade teacher did not come, so the other English assistant and I stepped up and taught the second grade class on our own. I reviewed regrouping in addition problems, and the other assistant reviewed adjectives with the class. For our final activity, we read a book with animal sounds and then had the students draw and describe an animal from the book.

The sapin de Noël (Christmas tree) in Place Stanislas is still up, keeping the holiday cheer going!

No comments:

Post a Comment